Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Face your Fears!

Public transport in La Paz has always intimidated me. Mostly, the minibuses which include a driver and a screamer as full-time staff. The screamer sticks his or her head out the window as the minibus drives its route, and yells out various stops and destinations in a very particular way (i.e. as fast as possible so you can barely discern what he or she is saying). Scary stuff.

This time around, however, I have partly mastered my fear. I ride a minibus to the Children's Hospital, and often catch a ride halfway home from town. It's invigorating! Of course, I'm still not at peace with how many germs I pick up every time I ride one of them minibuses (I probably have the TB microbe in me, for one)... But let's focus on progress. I am no longer 100% dependent on cabs.

Huzzah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home