Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Views of La Paz

Here are a few more pictures, so you can maybe get an inkling of a feel for the geography of the city I am in...






Down the street from where I am currently living, a neighborhood called Sequencoma. That piece of mountain jutting out from the rest of the mountains is called "La Muela del Diablo" (The Devil's Tooth).













In case you can't see it without me pointing it out, the outline of the mountain looks like a camel swimming in water (head just above the water level and the two humps to the right). When my cousin Jorge showed it to me, it made my day, hehe. Simple pleasures.











Another picture of La Muela del Diablo, in a different light.















Not sure where this is taken from. Somewhere in the city though, for sure!

1 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, this is great! I love your photos! It sounds like you are keeping yourself very busy.

I just met a guy last night who claimed to have been born in Cochabamba.

I hope you and your family are doing well, and I can't wait to hear about your apartment in the city!

WARNING: I'm very tempted to run away from home and head for La Paz!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home