Thursday, October 12, 2006

Derby @ Colegio Militar & Las Colinas

The Sunday after my return from Reyes, having ridden a grand total of twice in nearly two months, I participated in the Derby at the Military School. It was a bit of a dare, and right before it was my turn to give the 20 jump course my best shot, my coach said, “You know, I am quite impressed. I don’t think I know anyone else who would participate in a Derby like this without having trained in over a month…” It was tempting to freak and bail out, but then again not really. I think my legs died about halfway through the course, which explains the refusal on number 13 (of some 20 jumps)! Bolero and I took it easy for a week after that, the both of us being a bit sore after our run, but overall it was great to be back in the saddle.

Two weeks later there was a competition at Las Colinas - nothing special to report but check out these pics of Bolero and I! Weeeeeeeeee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home