Tuesday, September 19, 2006

PPPD

On Friday, once I had showered, unpacked, made a few calls and rested a bit, my first instinct was – of course – to head to the La Paz Red Cross to say hi and see what was going on. It was fun seeing everyone again, and before I knew it I had signed up for a weekend course on Preparation and Prevention of Disasters, starting in the morning at 8am and going for three days (Monday was a holiday)! It was a very interesting course, especially because being aimed at communities, it uses a highly participative and interactive teaching methodology which I much prefered to the CPI approach to things. I actually did not qualify as a PPPD instructor, but the real test wasn’t the one we had to undergo in the classroom on Monday, it was yet to come... [insert tense music here]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home